If there’s one thing an event planner loves, it’s a good party. And what a better time to do just that than for America’s birthday! Maybe it’s the nostalgia of our youth, maybe it’s the gathering of family and friends, or let’s be honest, maybe it’s just all of those adorable Pinterest pictures of things WE…JUST…MUST…DO!
Whatever it may be, we have 5 ideas that turn nostalgia into new age for your party. So let’s get celebrating!
1. Beat the Heat with Adult Popsicles
Yes, you read that right. Not all popsicles are for kids. In fact, we’re quite certain that many of your adult guests may like to try one!
Beat the heat and humidity with alcohol infused adult popsicles. Easy to make and a fun surprise for guests, freeze your favorite mixed drinks in popsicle holders a few days prior.
– sweet sangria complete with fruit such as strawberries, peaches, and orange bits
– mojitos with specialty flavor options such as mango or pineapple
– margarita mix with blueberries
2. Hand Out a Festive Favor
Make your guests feel festive for the party all the while making for great pictures by handing out a red, white, or blue bandana or beads. We love how this little gesture makes everyone feel a part of the celebration and is a cute accessory for those who may have left their “party attire” at home!
3. Keep Your Guests Engaged with Surprises
You may have guests who don’t know each other. You may have guests that are quiet. You may have guests that are getting tired. No worries because you have surprises to keep everyone engaged until the fireworks!
Keep guests entertained with fun little things throughout the afternoon and evening.
– play a random game of American bingo throughout the day (complete with names of capitals, presidents, and monuments) and give out cute prizes (such as sparklers tied with red ribbon, funny “America” sunglasses, or an apple pie scented candle)
– love your corn hole? When the heat is at it’s highest, pull out buckets of water balloons and play with them instead of bean bags. It’ll refresh guests and get them laughing!
– for those who need some cool, quiet time inside, have a few fun all-American movies playing. We love National Lampoon’s Vacation, Forrest Gump, and The Goonies.
It usually is left to 5 minutes before guests arrive, but consider preparing your playlist a few days prior. We find a good mix of oldies, current hits, and American themed songs seem to be well received.
Some suggestions to pair with current hits:
Cruel Summer by Bananarama
America by Neil Diamond
The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
R.O.C.K. in the USA by John Mellencamp
Summertime Blues by Eddie Cochran
Summer in the City by The Lovin’ Spoonful
Made in the USA by Demi Lovato
Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams
5. Skip the Dishes AND the Paper Plates
Any planner knows the dreaded clean up after a good party. But sometimes paper plates just don’t give the feel you’re going for.
We love putting a spin on throw away dishes by using red plastic food baskets and lining them with wax paper food basket liners. Not only are they easier to hold than a paper plate, but they look ADORABLE!
We found Party City has these red baskets: http://www.partycity.com/product/red+plastic+food+baskets+4ct.do?kwid=red%20plastic%20food%20baskets%204ct&qcid=&ref=ci&extcmp=pla%7CGoogle&gclid=CO_f2sel0tQCFZC2wAodE_4BAA
In addition, forgo the bowls of potato salad and baked beans and opt for small paper cups. The presentation on the table is beautiful with them all laid out and everything is tossed out when they’re done!
So this Fourth of July, throw a party that is easy and enjoyable. By throwing in a few surprises for your guests, you’ll sure to make it memorable.
Do you like these simple and creative ideas for your Fourth of July party and are looking for ideas just like this for your Orlando event or wedding? As an event and wedding planning firm in Orlando, we can customize ideas specifically to your dreams. Contact us at (407) 365-4729 and let’s get planning!